Monday, July 24, 2006

Era uma vez..



During his career, he sold over 300,000 records and over a million up to this moment. It's estimated that over 48% of the disk sales were over the US borders. He obtained gold, platinum and multi platinum records. He had 149 songs in Billboard's Top 100 Chart in America.: 114 in Top 40, 40 in Top 10 and 18 hitted number 1. These 18 stayed on the first position for 80 weeks. Although, he had 90 albums in charts. He sustained only 5 concerts outside America. His figure became worship, his house a museum.


FRANK SINATRA, 1977:

Many things were said about Elvis's performances and talent, and I agree. As a friend, I will miss him. He was a generous person.

ALL GREEN:

The style Elvis approached to music had influenced the whole world. He broke the ice for us.

BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN:

Many tough guys existed in the music industry. They were claimants. And rivals. Definitely, Elvis will remain a star.

MICK JAGGER:

He was an unique artist- an original between imitators.

JOHN LENNON:

Before Elvis, there was nothing.

JAMES BROWN

I was not only his fan, I was like his brother. He used to say I'm the best, but I thought the contrary. Elvis worked very hard, dedicated himself to his work, and that's why God loved him. The last time I saw him was at Graceland, where we sang together Old Blind Barnabus, a gospel song. I love him and I wish to see him in Heaven again.

ROD STEWART

Elvis was The King of the Kings. Doubtless. Guys like me, Mick Jagger and others are only imitators.

ELTON JOHN

Because of Elvis I became interested in music. I'm an Elvis fan since I was a kid.

O REI É ELE!

No comments: